How to Access WRTA ADA Complementary Paratransit Service
Call 508.752.9283 or 1.877.743.3852 to schedule your ride.
- When calling to schedule a ride, tell the call taker:
- You would like to schedule an ADA trip;
- Your name;
- The exact address (number and street name) where you want to be picked up;
- What time you would like to be at your destination (be specific if you are going to an appointment);
- The exact address (number and street name) of where you want to go; and
- If you will be traveling with a mobility device, a Personal Care Assistant (PCA), or companion(s).
- ADA regulations permit the scheduling of your ride up to one hour before or one hour after the trip time you request, without making you late for an appointment.
- The night before or the morning of your trip, you will receive an automated call with the 20-minute pick-up window for your scheduled trip. You are responsible for waiting in a location where you can see the vehicle arrive during the entire 20-minute pick-up window. Once the vehicle arrives, it will wait five (5) minutes before leaving for the next scheduled pick-up.
You must also schedule your return trip. All trips must be scheduled for no less than (1) one hour.
Due to the large amount of calls coming into the call center, the staff is not responsible to look up address information. You must be prepared with the exact address, including number and street name, for the pick-up and drop-off locations.
If you do not receive a phone call the night before your trip is scheduled, you may call to receive your pick-up information or to cancel your trip.
- If you're calling before 8:00 A.M or after 4:30 P.M., call the CMTM Dispatch Office at 508.453.3423.
- If you're calling between 8:00 A.M. and 4:30 P.M., call the PBSI Office at 508.752.9283.
If you require a Personal Care Attendant (PCA) to travel with you, that person is considered a mobility aid and rides for free.
You may always take one traveling companion. Additional companions are permitted on a space available basis. Companions pay the same fare as the person they are accompanying. PCAs and companions must have the same pick-up address and drop-off address as the ADA rider.
Service animals are welcome on all WRTA vehicles.
At times, riders may experience a late pick-up or drop-off due to inclement weather, traffic, construction, or other unforeseen circumstances. A late trip is defined as a completed trip were the vehicle arrives beyond the 20 minute pick up window and or were the vehicle arrives at the destination later than the requested drop off time. If this occurs, please contact PBSTM at 508.752.9283 to report it as soon as you are able. This will provide PBSTM the opportunity to be sure that riders are receiving a quality, reliable service. If we don’t know about it, we can’t fix it.
A missed trip is defined as an instance were the vehicle never arrives or arrives beyond the 20 minute pick up window and the customer chooses not to take the trip.
Cancellation and No-Shows
To cancel a trip:
- If you're calling before 8:00 A.M. and after 4:30 P.M., please call CMTM Dispatch Office at 508.453.3423 to cancel your trip.
- If you are calling after 9:00 P.M., please call 508.798.3252 to cancel your trip.
- If you're calling between 8:00 A.M. and 4:30 P.M., please call PBSTM Office at 508.752.9283 to cancel your trip.
A late cancellation is a cancelation placed within 1 hour of the scheduled pick up window. Riders must call to cancel at least 1 hour prior to the scheduled trip time, or they will be considered a "No-Show."
No-Show is an instance were vehicle arrives at the pickup location within the pickup window and the customer is not present or cancels at door.
Missed trips that occur for reasons beyond an individual's control and service-related problems are not considered a "No-Show." Missed trip is not a “No-Show”.
If reasons beyond your control caused you to not take your ride or you feel that an error has been made, you must contact PBSTM in writing within 15 days of the date of the letter stating that you had a "No-Show."
Send correspondence by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to PBSTM, 60 Foster Street, Worcester, MA 01608 (Attn: No-Show Staff). If your correspondence has not been received within 15 days of the date of the letter, the "No-Show" will stand.